Curious about the Institute? Sign up for a tour behind the scenes. You will walk through stockrooms that are closed to the public and you get to see unique documents. A tour guide tells you all about the rich history of this institution. The tour lasts about an hour and is free of charge.We can focus the tour on specific interests of the group, please contact us before at GuidedtourIISG@iisg.nl.
1. Guided tours of the IISH's collection for higher education
For students of HBO institutions and universities, a visit to the IISH can be very interesting. Learn more about the impressive collection, with the archives of various organizations and individuals. We can receive 2 groups per month. Pay attention:
- Application: at least 6 weeks in advance
- Maximum 2 groups of 20 people per guided tour
- Duration: 60 minutes
2. Introduction archival research
We receive students (WO and HBO) in the Posthumus Room where, under the guidance of an IISH colleague, we can give an introduction about the institute, how to search on the website, how to request materials and so on. If desired in combination with a tour of the institute, along the various depots. Keep in mind:
- Application at least 6 weeks in advance
- Duration: one day part
- Max 20 students per day part
- If you want to consult documents, you can consult the colleagues from the reading room at firstname.lastname@example.org. The documents must be requested no later than one week in advance.
3. Are you a regular visitor to the reading room and would you like to know more about the IISH?
Occasionally we organize a guided tour for visitors of the Reading Room. Perhaps you would like to know more about our research or our collection? Maybe you would like to get in touch with fellow researchers? Then walk along with the tour! A collection specialist from the IISH guides you around and there is plenty of room to talk to each other. We would love to hear what you are working on. Ask at the reading room desk for more information.
4. Guided tours for interested people (neighbors, secondary schools, tourists)
Every first Tuesday and the third Thursday of the month you can register for a guided tour. Pay attention:
- Duration: a maximum of 60 minutes
- Minimum of 4 people and a maximum of 20 people per tour.
- For secondary schools we can make an exception and allow up to 40 people with two tour guides.
Guided tours are available for a minimum of 4 people.