Borrowing IISH Documents
It is possible to borrow IISH collection items for exhibitions provided they are exhibited in the environmental conditions standard for museums.
- There is a fee for borrowing archival documents, books, pamphlets, and various kinds of visual materials.
- The borrower must sign a borrowing agreement and arrange and pay for insurance from start to finish, against the lender's valuation.
- The cost of collecting and returning the objects will be borne by the borrower.
- Requests for loans should be made at least six weeks in advance.
- No original photographs, videotapes, or audiotapes will be available for loan. Reproductions may be ordered.
- Due to the inclusion of the Karl Marx / Friedrich Engels Papers in Unesco's Memory of the World Register, original documents from this collection are no longer available for loan. However, it is still possible to order scans of documents.
On this page more information on conditions and rates can be found.