Request Items from the Library
STEP 1 - REQUEST
- Open the catalogue (search.socialhistory.org)
- Start your search and find the item you want
- Click the "Request" button (next to the call number)
“Your List of Requests” now appears at the bottom right corner. There’s a maximum of 3 items per request, but you may submit multiple requests.
- Click the "Submit" button
NB Clear the list by clicking on “Remove all”, remove an item by clicking on the “X”
STEP 2 - RESERVATIONS
- A new tab will open with a reservation form and an overview of your selected items
- Complete the Reservation Form
NB don’t forget to mention the year volume/issue in case you want a serial
- Select the date of your visit (default is the current day until 4 p.m.)
- Retype the two words at the bottom of the form
- Click the “Reserve” button
NB if you can’t read the words, try a new captcha by clicking the icon
STEP 3 – CONSULTING
- You'll get an email confirming your request
- The item(s) will be ready for you to consult in the reading room with a copy of the request form
- When you return an item, please enclose the request form too
See also: Rules concerning Consultation
the "Add to Request List" button fails to appear:
- the item may be a visual document (photo, poster, etc.).
- > digitized images (low resolution scans) of materials are displayed in the catalogue. Original material can be consulted by appointment only.
- the item was already reserved:
- > the text " Item already reserved, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (link sends e-mail)" appears
- the item can't be consulted due to restrictions on use
- > the text "Item not reservable" appears.
the text "Item not found" appears:
- Click the Refresh button or press the F5 key