About the Friends of the IISH
The IISH needs a stable financial base to be able to build and maintain our collection, do research, facilitate research by other scientists or organize events in the field of social history. The KNAW, the government, the National Library, project funding and The Friends of the IISH (among others) help us gain that stability.
Focussing on the Friends of the IISH:
- Over 70 Friends from the Netherlands, as well as from abroad, have committed themselves to an annual donation of 100 or 500 Euro.
- Besides annual contributions some Friends made extra large donations up to a total of 450,000 Euro.
- A few Friends even included bequests to the Institute in their will.
The IISH is seeking personal as well as monetary input. In addition to financial contributions, personal interest is vital for the Institute to be seen and heard.
The least we can do for our friends
- We organize meetings for Friends once every six months to present new additions and to explain the reasons for acquiring them and perhaps the experiences in the process and to exchange ideas.
- Donors unable to attend will receive updates via the Friends's newsletter On the Waterfront. You can read the backissues.
For more information on (joining the) friends of the IISH, please send an email to email@example.com