About the Friends of the IISH
The IISH needs a stable financial base to be able to build and maintain our collection, do research, facilitate research by other scientists or organize events in the field of social history. The KNAW, the government, the National Library, project funding and The Friends of the IISH (among others) help us gain that stability.
Focussing on the Friends of the IISH:
- Over 80 Friends from the Netherlands, as well as from abroad, have committed themselves to an annual donation from 25 Euro or more.
- Besides annual contributions some Friends made extra large donations.
- A few Friends even included bequests to the Institute in their will.
The IISH is seeking personal as well as monetary input. In addition to financial contributions, personal interest is vital for the Institute to be seen and heard.
The least we can do for our friends
- We organize meetings for Friends once every six months at the Institute to present new additions and to explain the reasons for acquiring them and perhaps the experiences in the process and to exchange ideas.
- Donors will receive our magazine On the Waterfront, twice a year. Click here for the digital copies of OTW
- Friends receive digital newsletters about ongoing activities at the IISH.
For more information on (joining the) friends of the IISH, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org