Marien van der Heijden
Head Collection Development
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Department: Collection Development
Studied Art History at the University of Utrecht. He started working at the IISH in 1984, with the Image and Sound department. From 1990 to 1995 he worked at the National Trades Union Museum in Amsterdam, where he organized exhibitions on social history and social art.
Returning to the IISH, he became responsible for collection development Image and Sound, including the Institute's collection of Chinese propaganda posters (see chineseposters.net). He headed the department of Digital Projects from 2000 until mid 2008.
From 2009 to 2013 he worked on many projects involving digitization of the IISH collections and presenting the results online, such as the digitization project 'Collection De Centrale', and the Social History Portal (socialhistoryportal.org).
From 2014 he is head of Collection Development.
Membership of Boards and Committees
- member of the Coordination Committee of the International Association of Labour History Institutions
- treasurer of the Chinese Posters Foundation
- member of the Editorial Committee of the Biografisch Woordenboek van het Socialisme en de Arbeidersbeweging in Nederland
- member of the Conseil Scientifique de la BDIC
- member of the Conseil Scientifique du Labex - Les Passés dans le présent