- Project-leader: Karin Hofmeester
- Start: 2013
Grant: € 218,500 by Gerda Henkel Stiftung
The IISH conducts research in Project Clusters.
- Global Labour Relations
- Commodities, Environment and Labour
- Social and Economic Inequality
- Collective Action and Individual Strategies
This is an overview of the Research Projects within the four clusters.
- Project lead: Matthias van Rossum
- Duration: 01-01-2016 to 28-02-2019.
- Grant: € 250.000 by NWO (VENI)
Commodity Frontiers: Capitalist Transformations of the Global Countryside During the Past Six Centuries
This large multi-year project aims to study the long history of commodity frontiers through an interdisciplinary research design that uses both written archival sources and fieldwork.
In the past four hundred years large scale circulations of people, ideas and commodities took place, leading - amongst other things - to shifts in labour relations worldwide. Many historians share the idea that consumption plays an important role in the production of these commodities and therefore also in shaping labour relations.
- Project lead: Bas van Leeuwen
- Project start: 2015
- Grant: circa € 1,400,000 by European Research Council | ERC Starting Grant
A comparison of the purchasing power of the guilder from the year 1450 to another year.
To determine the value of an amount of money in one year compared to another, enter the values in the appropriate places below.